From time to time we include an update of the IPv4 and IPv6 location databases with a new BalanceNG release.
If you need to update the location databases before you may always do this by your own as follows:
Download the following two files from http://software77.net/geo-ip/ :
- IpToCountry.csv – IPv4 database (choose “IPv4 CSV” either .gz or .zip)
- IpToCountry.6R.csv – IPv6 database (choose “IPv6 RANGE (gz)”)
These two files need then to be moved to /opt/BalanceNG.
The BalanceNG commands “ipdb” and “ipdb6” (with no arguments) will then load (or reload) the databases from this default location.
If you run a BalanceNG VRRP cluster, we recommend to install the new databases on the current backup node first, and then on the other node after initiating a failover. Here a summary of these steps:
- Install both IP database files on the current backup node.
- Restart the backup with “bng restart”.
- Initiate a failover by executing “bng stop” on the current master node.
- Install both IP database files on the now stopped previous master.
- Start this node with “bng start”.
Please consider to donate something at their site, this data is incredibly useful.